When the temperatures in Central Florida begin their annual trek upward, St. Cloud residents know that the heat and humidity of summer aren’t far behind. Spring air conditioning maintenance helps Central Florida residents make sure their air conditioner is ready for the long hot-weather season.
DIY Spring Air Conditioning Maintenance
Waiting until the temperatures hit the mid-90s isn’t the best time to find out that you need an air conditioner or heat pump repair. Here are a few DIY projects to help your St. Cloud home beat the heat:
- Inspect, clean, or replace air filters to improve airflow and reduce circulating contaminants.
- Visually examine the condensate drain line for any blockages and to make sure it is dripping water when the ac is on.
- Clean the drain line to remove gunk or slime that might have accumulated over the winter.
- Trim back plants and remove debris from around your outside unit.
Spring Air Conditioning Maintenance Tasks Best Left to a Professional
Although there are a few AC maintenance tasks that you can do yourself, help from a qualified HVAC contractor is essential to getting your air conditioner or heat pump ready for the hot-weather season. Here are a few of the tasks best left to a professional:
- Inspecting and tightening electrical connections as well as checking for frayed wiring
- Checking for refrigerant leaks and charging your refrigerant
- Lubricating all of the moving parts in your cooling system
- Testing controls such as your thermostat, compressor contactor, motor capacitors, and relays
Take away potential aggravations of summer, such as needing an unexpected heat pump repair, by getting your air conditioner in shape now. Spring is the ideal time to schedule your AC maintenance visit before our service technicians get swamped with repair calls from homeowners who neglected their spring maintenance. To learn more about how Frank’s Air Conditioning can deliver worry-free comfort and ensure soothing relief when temperatures spike, check out our C.A.R.E. maintenance plans or call (407) 490-2070 today.